Bible Verses on Combating Temptation and Lust
Bible Verses to Combat Temptation!!! Everyone has to overcome the temptation to move ahead in life. Just as how Lord Jesus Christ was tempted by Saturn when He was on fast for 40 days to “turn the rocks to bread and fulfill his hunger.” In the above situation, He has shown us how to handle such situations in life when we are tempted. As humans, we may not face such situations to happen to us. Our stage of temptation would be to hit someone, speak bad about our colleagues, lust on a hot girl, steal valuables from others, etc.
|bible verses to combat temptation|
Our Lord, said us never to be tempted and hold on firm unto him for he will take over all your burdens and fight for you. So, look unto him with faith for he is a God of the needy and the only redeemer at odd times.
Below are a few bible verses on temptation and how to handle it. Do scroll down to view them all.
Bible Verses to Combat Temptation
13. When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;
14. but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.
15. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
16. Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters.
17. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
18. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.
40. On reaching the place, he said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation.”
13. And lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from the evil one.
4. Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.
1 Corinthians 7:2
2. But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband.
1 Corinthians 10:13
13. No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can overcome it.
25. Do not let your heart turn to her ways or stray into her paths.
26. Many are the victims she has brought down; her slain are a mighty throng.
1. What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you?
2. You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God.
3. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
4. You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.
1 Peter 4:12
12. Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.
2 Peter 2:9
9. If this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.
14. Even though my illness was a trial to you, you did not treat me with contempt or scorn. Instead, you welcomed me as if I were an angel of God, as if I were Christ Jesus himself.
1 Timothy 5:8
8. Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
1 Timothy 6:9
9. Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.
1 John 2:16
16. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.
Searches related to Bible Verses Temptation
- what does the bible say about staying away from temptation
- scriptures on temptation kjv
- resist temptation and it will flee
- resisting temptation quotes
- bible verse about temptation and a way out
- temptation bible definition
- temptation bible study
- stories of temptation in the bible